Thursday 9 October 2014

Sticky Date/ Banoffee Baked Quinoa Porridge

Oh yep. This was damn delicious. The end. We all lived happily ever after. (But seriously this was really good, it must be my love of dates and bananas and maca… but baked into a pudding like decadent hug like warm deliciousness )



Ingredients: 
1 cup of quinoa flakes (approximately, you can really use as much as you like, just make sure the liquid amount is the same) 
1 cup of almond milk (or any milk, I like almond though, again up to you on portion size but quinoa flakes to milk must be the same, and extra milk if required) 
1 very ripe banana, mashed (I used a biggggggg one) 
1 tablespoon vanilla essence 
1 tablespoon of cinnamon 
Maca powder (optional but I really find it makes it that caramel-y Banoffee flavour we want here, I use this one)
A couple of dates, seed removed and roughly chopped (as many as you like)

Pre-heat your oven to 180-200 degrees Celsius. Place the quinoa flakes and almond milk in a bowl together and combine well and allow to soak for 10 minutes or so. In the meantime, get your dates ready and mash your banana. After the time has elapsed, combine the soaked porridge with the mashed banana, vanilla, cinnamon, maca and stir the chopped dates through so it's all combined well. Pour the mixture into a ramekin and bake for approximately 20 minutes, or until golden brown on the top. 

I topped mine with fresh banana, strawberries, dessicated coconut, tahini and chopped dark chocolate. You can add things before baking or like me, after baking, up to you! Go crazy with it. And enjoy <3 

2 comments:

  1. I made the porridge this morning and it was sooo delicious!! This was my first time eating quinoa as dessert, but I loved it! I topped it with some leftover chocolate easter eggs and they melted on top-so yummy! I would recommend letting it cool down for about 15 minutes though, because I burned my tongue wanting to eat it straight away!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a yummy dish! I made them today and it’s a must-try! The taste of the quinoa flakes still drools.
    http://www.superfoodgreendrinks.com/

    ReplyDelete