Saturday 30 August 2014

Coconut Quinoa Porridge

Oh this was a big bowl of love, just what I needed on this particular morning. Sometimes, food feels like a best friend you've had for a long time. It knows what you need, and it's there for you like a friend would be.

I love coconut, a lot. I also am loving porridge. And even though today is the last day of Winter, and I'm super excited for Spring, I'm hoping I'll still find opportunity to eat porridge. It's so delicious, any time of the year, right?


Ingredients: 
2/3 cup of quinoa flakes 
2/3 cup of almond milk (with extra to add as you go) 
1 ripe banana, mashed 
Coconut essence, a few drops 
Maca powder (optional, but recommended) I use this one 
Toppings of choice 

Method: 
Mash your banana, and set it aside. In a saucepan, add your quinoa and your milk and bring it to the boil, and then down to a simmer. After a few minutes, add the coconut essence and the maca powder, and stir to combine. Right at the end of your cooking, add the mashed banana and stir through and let it cook together for 1-2 minutes. Then, remove from heat. 

I topped mine with Mayver's foods coconut peanut butter, strawberries, a bit more banana, a few blueberries, Loving Earth Buckinis and Blend co superfood sprinkle. And I had it with a mug of coffee not coffee (which is delicious by the way!) 

Mmmmm food to warm the soul is always welcome in my apartment. 


No comments:

Post a Comment