Monday 9 June 2014

Fundies, Paddington QLD

I went to Fundies for lunch with my darling friend Anna (annabanana-1 on tumblr) and we of course had breakfast for lunch because is that no the best option ever?


Guys, this has to be one of the best savoury breakfast meals I've ever had. No joke. 

I actually went with no toaster bags (coeliac problems) so I was worried I couldn't eat bread because of the toasting process. However they kindly managed to wrap it in baking paper so that it didn't get cross contaminated… so I could still order this delight. 

Scrambled tofu on Sol Breads Pumpkin and Rice loaf (aka my favourite bread), which came with roast tomato and spinach but I added avocado and mushrooms too as well (hehe can never have too many sides). We also had the Refresh Juice (Organic Orange, Apple, Pineapple and Mint juice- freshly squeezed). Although I am not a huge tofu eater, I loved this. I wish I could re-create it this well… I wish I knew their secrets. The tofu was just plain yum, not too spicy or tomato-y but it covered up the flavour of the tofu… just tasted like delicious noms. The sides were all cooked to perfection, not too oily but still with nice flavour. A decent serving of avo (which is rare sometimes) and I got two slices of bread… happy chappy right here. 

Plus we checked out the actual food store part after and my oh my were we spoilt for choice. We both bought some raw food bars and some chocolate and were off on our way, full arms and full bellies and full of laughter because we had such a gosh darn good time.

I recommend Fundies to anyone who lives in Brisbane, looking for a nice friendly cafe with good vibes and delicious food AND somewhere to buy some food for later after. Can't put a price on that practicality can you? ;) 

No comments:

Post a Comment