Saturday 14 June 2014

Sadhana Kitchen Raw Degustation 7-Course Dinner


Last night, one of my closest friends, Maddie, and I were blessed enough to go to the Sadhana Kitchen 7 course raw vegan degustation. And boy, did we feast. And boy, was it good. We both had been there to eat during the day (and we absolutely love it there, we can't get over how amazing the food was) so it was awesome to go there at night for dinner… and many courses at that!

So it was all very lovely, to begin with. A light setting I was used to was transformed into an (dare I say it) romantic (but I would prefer to describe as) serene and blissful candle lit restaurant, with one long communal table for everyone to sit at for the adventure. It was actually really great, because we could have a giggle to the people on either side of us as to how much we were loving the food. (And we did)


A picture of the menu (mostly for me to remember haha) and the first course: and I loved this, and I'm not even a huge coconut water drinker (yet… anyway). So this was a coconut water probiotonic with strawberry and mango. I could have had like at least 20 more of these… so delicious and refreshing. Alas, I needed to save room for what was to come! 
Second course: walnut, almond, cashew and sesame cluster with an orange tahini drizzle. Needless to say, yum. We both just wanted to pick this up and eat it with our hands (alas we did not… manners girls). It was hard to cut into, but once you got into it it was absolutely divine. Fruity, yet savoury. And the tahini was a winner… as tahini always is. 


Cucumber rolls with julienned seasonal vegetables, enoki mushrooms and kumara chips with spicy chilli chutney: This one may have been one of my favourites for the savouries… reasons: kumara chips (huge tick), the sauce was amazing (!!!) and the vegies were delicious. But I am terrible with favourites because… 


Holy mackeral… Beet ravioli with onion cashew cheeze and basil walnut pesto… oh my golly goodness. So… the cashew cheeze though. Amazing. Tasted like good french onion cream cheese… Like holy wow. And I love pesto, so needless to say this one won my heart. However…




Holy moly macaroni! I mean… parmigiana (hehe). Eggplant pastrami parmigiana with baby spinach, sundried tomato marinara and herbed cashew cheeze. I am a huge eggplant lover. And I am Italian. So basically, this was like a piece of my childhood but way more superior. And tastier, dare I say it. The sauce was a standout. The cheeze was amazing. The cool decoration even had a cheezy taste to it. Mmmmhmmm it was really really yum. We actually used our fingers to get everything off the plate (there go our manners). Now, onto desserts… 


Maddie and I definitely needed this after so many savoury flavours. Plus, this wasn't just an in between step, because this was great. Watermelon and papaya carpaccio with pecan and date crumble and vanilla lime dressing. The dressing was there in a hint, but it was fabulous and not over done. The crumble  was really delicate in flavour too, which allowed the true standouts of the fruit to come forth. Didn't dissapoint. Even with the following course… 


Last but no least… the real desserts! Guys, I got the most amazing raw cheezecake. It was Neopolitan… and it really was. It tasted like the ice cream cake from my birthday party memories. Except better. BETTER. So creamy, so ice cream cake like, the sauce with it was amazing (when is cacao not amazing let's be real) and the berry fudge on the side was fabulous as well. And Maddie got the Mango Float, and it was really yum too. Combined with the (surprisingly wow combo of) caramel sauce, I couldn't really pick a winner (well, maybe my cake was the winner… Sorry Maddie) 

All in all, I recommend anyone that can go to Sadhana Kitchen for the degustation to. Especially if you know little about raw vegan cuisine. I think it's a good eye opener. And it also suits experienced raw veganists, who want to experience their favourite cuisine style at night time without having to make it (I can't say cook because let's be honest nobody is cooking anything when you're raw vegan) yourself. :) 

Maz is lovely, and her kitchen staff are all creative geniuses. All in all, amazing night. I 10/10 recommend it to you. And if you can't go to the degustation, please just get yourself to Sadhana for breakfast lunch or somewhere in between. It is one of my favourite places to be! 

Sadhana Kitchen is at 147 Enmore Road, Enmore NSW 2024. 
Ph: 02 9516 1334 
E: hello@sadhanakitchen.com 
They are open 7 days a week 
9am-3:30pm dine in, 3:30-4:00pm takeaway only 
Friday nights at 7pm is the raw degustation dinner 
They also do lunch deliveries to your workplace… see their website for details! 

No comments:

Post a Comment